Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
BERLIN – German authorities have arrested a Syrian man on suspicion of membership in the extremist Nusra Front group.
Federal prosecutors say the 22-year-old suspect, identified only as Ahmet A. A., was arrested Wednesday in the western state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
In a statement Thursday, prosecutors said the man is suspected of having joined the Nusra Front in 2012 together with a previously arrested other man, Abdul Jawad A. K.
The men’s full surnames weren’t released because of German privacy laws.
Prosecutors said Ahmet A. A. took part in fighting against Syrian government troops, including during fighting in the Syrian city of Tabqa in 2013.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.