Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Baltimore police are reviewing the response to a shooting where the victim died after an officer responding to gunfire reports went to the wrong location.
The department confirmed to The Baltimore Sun that it’s conducting a “full review” of its response to Monday’s shooting of Harold J. Blandon Jr. The newspaper reports police initially released an incorrect chronology of the events surrounding the shooting.
Police spokesman Matt Jablow says Blandon was found six hours later, and his condition indicated he had been dead for a while. A preliminary review indicates a 25-year-old officer went to the block before Blandon’s. Jablow says police are investigating to see whether the officer ever left his vehicle to look for potential victims or evidence as required.
Police have no suspects in Blandon’s death.
___
Information from: The Baltimore Sun, http://www.baltimoresun.com
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.