President Barack Obama to introduce reboot of TV’s ‘Cosmos’; a call to embrace discovery

LOS ANGELES, Calif. – The Fox TV network says President Barack Obama will introduce the debut episode of the science series “Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey.”

The 13-part program is a reboot of astronomer Carl Sagan’s groundbreaking 1980 “Cosmos” series. It debuts Sunday night on stations including Fox and National Geographic Channel.

In Obama’s taped video message, he invites viewers to embrace the spirit of discovery and imagine limitless possibilities for the future, Fox said Saturday.

Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson is the host of “Cosmos,” which also will air on Fox International Channels and National Geographic Channels International.

Last month, a preview of the new “Cosmos” series was screened at the White House as part of a film festival for elementary and high school students.

News from © The Associated Press, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join the Conversation!

Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?

The Associated Press

The Associated Press is an independent global news organization dedicated to factual reporting. Founded in 1846, AP today remains the most trusted source of fast, accurate, unbiased news in all formats and the essential provider of the technology and services vital to the news business. More than half the world’s population sees AP journalism every day.