Elevate your local knowledge

Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!

Select Region

Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

Kanye West, Annie Leibovitz issue joint statement on wedding photo flap

NEW YORK, N.Y. – Kanye West and Annie Leibovitz have issued a joint statement clarifying comments the rapper made recently about the photographer.

The Thursday statement says West’s comments Tuesday at the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival regarding Leibovitz’s availability to shoot his wedding “have been taken out of context and sensationalized.”

West was frustrated that he couldn’t secure Leibovitz’s services for his marriage to Kim Kardashian last month, the statement says, but he was not assigning blame. Their representatives had been negotiating, but did not reach an agreement by the time of the wedding.

The statement says West’s dream was to bring together his favourite creatives, and that Leibovitz was his first choice to capture “one of the most special days in Kim and Kanye’s life.”

___

Online:

http://kanyewest.com

News from © The Associated Press, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join the Conversation!

Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?

The Associated Press

The Associated Press is an independent global news organization dedicated to factual reporting. Founded in 1846, AP today remains the most trusted source of fast, accurate, unbiased news in all formats and the essential provider of the technology and services vital to the news business. More than half the world’s population sees AP journalism every day.