Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!

DEIR AL-BALAH, Gaza Strip (AP) — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said early Sunday that the ceasefire in Gaza will not begin until Israel has received a list of the hostages set to be released from Hamas.
He reiterated the warning in a statement barely an hour before the ceasefire was set to begin at 8:30 a.m. local time.
Hamas blamed the delay in handing over the names on “technical field reasons.” It said in a statement that it is committed to the ceasefire deal announced last week.

___
Magdy reported from Cairo and Lidman from Jerusalem.
___
Follow AP’s war coverage at https://apnews.com/hub/israel-hamas-war
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.