Elevate your local knowledge

Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!

Select Region

Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

Jury sequestered in trial for drive-by shooting that left Montreal teen dead

MONTREAL — The jury has been sequestered in the case of two men accused of murdering a 15-year-old girl in a drive-by shooting in Montreal in 2021.

Salim Touaibi and Aymane Bouadi are charged with first-degree murder in the killing of Meriem Boundaoui and the attempted murder of four other people on Feb. 7, 2021.

The Superior Court trial at Montreal’s courthouse heard that Boundaoui was sitting in the passenger seat of a Volkswagen Jetta in Montreal’s St-Léonard borough when a white Mercedes with two men inside pulled up and one of them opened fire.

The Crown has argued that Touaibi and Bouadi drove to a parking lot to avenge a friend who had been hurt in a fight as part of a dispute between two family-owned businesses.

Touaibi has admitted to being the shooter but said he had only meant to fire a warning shot, while Bouadi’s lawyer said his client was just a passenger who played no role.

Superior Court Justice Yvan Poulin told the jury today that they can find both men guilty of first-degree murder, second-degree murder or manslaughter in Boundaoui’s death, while acquittal is also a possibility for Bouadi.


This report by The Canadian Press was first published March 17, 2026.

News from © The Canadian Press, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join the Conversation!

Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?

The Canadian Press

The Canadian Press is Canada's trusted news source and leader in providing real-time, bilingual multimedia stories across print, broadcast and digital platforms.