Judge rejects Laurence Fishburne’s request for restraining order against ex-con

LOS ANGELES, Calif. – A judge has refused to grant Laurence Fishburne a three-year restraining order against a convicted felon who claims he owns the actor’s home.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Carol Boas Goodson said Wednesday she could not consider Mark Francisco’s criminal history, and she did not think his conduct warranted a restraining order.

The actor had been given a temporary restraining order, but Goodson said Francisco’s conduct didn’t warrant an extension.

Francisco, who police say was recently paroled on a cyberstalking case, allegedly went to the actor’s home on Jan. 1 and threatened to evict the family.

Fishburne’s attorney Donald Etra said Wednesday that Francisco was waving an umbrella. The actor’s security guard testified the man was agitated while speaking to him and police outside the gated home.

News from © The Associated Press, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join the Conversation!

Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?

The Associated Press

The Associated Press is an independent global news organization dedicated to factual reporting. Founded in 1846, AP today remains the most trusted source of fast, accurate, unbiased news in all formats and the essential provider of the technology and services vital to the news business. More than half the world’s population sees AP journalism every day.