Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
NEW YORK, N.Y. – Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter has had more tests on his surgically repaired left ankle and it’s not certain when he will return to the lineup.
Jeter was pulled for a pinch-runner after hitting an RBI single in the sixth inning of a 13-9 loss to Boston on Saturday.
Jeter went to a hospital for a precautionary CT scan. The team said the preliminary results of the scan were negative.
Jeter has missed most of the season while recovering from a broken left ankle in the playoffs last year. He also has been slowed by a strained right calf.
The 39-year-old team captain is hitting .190 in 17 games.
New York general manager Brian Cashman says that if the Yankees weren’t pushing for a playoff spot, Jeter could simply take a few days off to rest.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.