NBA’s Lamar Odom charged with DUI after his Mercedes is pulled over on LA freeway

LOS ANGELES, Calif. – Basketball star Lamar Odom has been charged with a misdemeanour count of driving under the influence, nearly two weeks after his Mercedes-Benz was pulled over on a Southern California freeway.

The Los Angeles city attorney’s office said Friday that the charges stem from Odom’s Aug. 30 arrest in the San Fernando Valley.

The husband of reality TV star Khloe Kardashian was taken into custody after a sobriety test.

The California Highway Patrol said Odom’s car was observed travelling in a “serpentine manner.”

The 33-year-old Odom could face six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted.

Arraignment is scheduled for Sept. 27.

After spending the 2012 season with the Dallas Mavericks, Odom returned to the Clippers last year. He became a free agent at the end of the season.

News from © The Associated Press, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join the Conversation!

Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?

The Associated Press

The Associated Press is an independent global news organization dedicated to factual reporting. Founded in 1846, AP today remains the most trusted source of fast, accurate, unbiased news in all formats and the essential provider of the technology and services vital to the news business. More than half the world’s population sees AP journalism every day.