Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Select Region
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – A former federal prosecutor hired to lead a review of Charlottesville, Virginia’s, response to three nationalist rallies this summer says he hasn’t been given access to records he’s requested from state agencies.
Tim Heaphy said last month that he wanted to review the assistance Charlottesville received from the Virginia National Guard, the Department of Emergency Management and state police.
Heaphy told the Richmond Times-Dispatch that as of Oct. 9, he hadn’t received replies to Freedom of Information Act requests or separate requests he sent to state agencies.
A spokesman for Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe said the state has had “ongoing discussions” with Heaphy, but is prioritizing its own review ahead of the review by Charlottesville.
A counter-protester was killed during an Aug. 12 white nationalist rally.
___
Information from: Richmond Times-Dispatch, http://www.richmond.com
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.