Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
CHICAGO – Two people were killed and five others wounded in a drive-by shooting early Sunday morning outside a bar on Chicago’s far South Side, authorities said.
The attack happened at around 2 a.m. Sunday after a crowd of people poured out of Reynold’s Lounge following a fight inside, the Chicago Sun-Times reported, citing police.
At least one attacker fired from a silver Ford and it’s unknown if any victims had been involved in the fight or were intended targets, police said. The vehicle got away and there are no suspects.
Four men and three women were shot. Two of the men — a 39-year-old shot in the back and chest and a 36-year-old hit in the neck and chest — died late at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
Another man, age 36, was in critical condition at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn with a gunshot wound to his back.
Police say three of the other four wounded victims were hospitalized in good condition. One woman was only grazed and declined treatment.
___
Information from: Chicago Sun-Times, http://chicago.suntimes.com/
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.